What Data We Collect
We collect certain data from you directly, like information you enter yourself and data from third-party platforms you connect with Lab4U (Facebook or Google). We also collect some data automatically, like information about your device and what parts of our Services you interact with or spend time using.
Personal identification information
Upon previous authorization we may collect personal identification information from Users but not beyond that needed for authorized educational or school purposes, or as authorized by the parent or student above 13 years. Information is collected by a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users use our application, register on the application, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our application. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our application. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer, technical information about Users means of connection to our application, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information. We collect also analytical informations from our service providers. It is the data about your interactions with the Services, including experiments accessed, time spent on pages or the Service, pages visited, tools used, click data, date and time, and other data regarding your use of the Services.
How we use collected information
Lab4U may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
To improve customer service
Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
To personalize user experience
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our application.
To improve our application
We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
To process payments
We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
To run a promotion, contest, survey or other application feature
To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
To send periodic emails
We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
At Lab4U, Inc., we believe in protecting student’s information respecting COPPA compliances guidelines. We believe in the Student Privacy Pledge where we commit to:
- Not collect, maintain, use or share student personal information without authorization consent or beyond that needed for authorized educational/school purposes, or as authorized by the parent or student above 13 years.
- Not sell student personal information.
- Not disclose student information collected through an educational/school service (whether
- personal information or otherwise) for behavioral targeting of advertisements to students. •Not build a personal profile of a student other than for supporting authorized
- educational/school purposes or as authorized by the parent/student above 13 years.
- Collect, use, share, and retain student personal information only for purposes for which we were authorized by the educational institution/agency, teacher or the parent/student above 13 years.
- Disclose clearly in contracts or privacy policies, including in a manner easy for parents to understand, what types of student personal information we collect, if any, and the purposes for which the information we maintain is used or shared with third parties.
- Support access to and correction of student personally identifiable information by the student or their authorized parent, either by assisting the educational institution in meeting its requirements or directly when the information is collected directly from the student with student/parent consent.
- Maintain a comprehensive security program that is reasonably designed to protect the security, privacy, confidentiality, and integrity of student personal information against risks – such as unauthorized access or use, or unintended or inappropriate disclosure – through the use of administrative, technological, and physical safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- Require that our vendors with whom student personal information is shared in order to deliver the educational service, if any, are obligated to implement these same commitments for the given student personal information.
- Allow a successor entity to maintain the student personal information, in the case of our merger or acquisition by another entity, provided the successor entity is subject to these same commitments for the previously collected student personal information.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our application.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners and trusted affiliates for the purposes outlined above.We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the application or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
You have rights around the use of your data, including the ability to opt out of promotional emails, cookies, and collection of your data by certain analytics providers. You can terminate your account by following these steps :
- Go to the helpdesk : https://lab4u.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
- Go to “Submit a request”
- Write a message to ask to delete your account and all the informations associated.
You can also contact us for individual rights requests about your personal data. Parents who believe we’ve unintentionally collected personal data about their underage child should contact us for help deleting that information. If you have any questions about your data, our use of it, or your rights, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this application, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our application. Your continued use of the application following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Chief Privacy Officer: Komal Dadlani
673 Brannan Street, Unit 116, San Francisco, CA 94107
This document was last updated on May 23, 2018
Article is closed for comments.